Last Updated: November, 2020
This Privacy Notice explains our policies, practices and procedures on how we collect, use and disclose your information. This Privacy Notice also describes you about your privacy rights and protection you have under the law related to the information you provide or we collect in relation to your use of this website. We use your data to provide our services or products and improve the functions of the website from time to time. By using or accessing to this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By using or accessing this website you grant us consent to use your data in accordance with principles, policies, practices and procedures laid down in this Privacy Notice as amended from time to time.
Interpretation and Definitions
Unless the context requires a different interpretation:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any and all modifications and amendments of the same;
- reference to persons includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “Affiliate” refers to any associate of our Service including their successors, assigns, employees and agents;
- “CalOPPA” means California Online Privacy Protection Act as amended from time to time;
- “Consent” means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
- “Data” refers to all the information that you submit to our Service. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Law;
- “Data Collected” includes without limitation any data that we may collect from you;
- “Data Protection Laws” refers to any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to GDPR and CalOPPA;
- “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet;
- “GDPR” refers to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as amended from time to time;
- “Personal Data Breach” means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed;
- “Service” refers to the website “Chocolate Broccoli with its head office located at: Schaverijstraat 11, 3534 AS Utrecht, Netherlands, and accessible at: chocolatebroccoli.com and any sub-domains of the site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions. (“Website”, “We”, “Our”, “Us”);
- “Service Providers” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the website. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Service; and
- “You” or “User” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable and is not either employed by the Service and acting in the course of employment, or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to the Website and accessing the Website in connection with the provisions of such services.
What type of information we collect
There are two ways we collect information. Firstly, the Personal Data or Information you provide when signing up for our Newsletter (herein referred to as “Personal Data”). Secondly, the information we automatically collect when you access the website by using Tracking Technologies and Cookies (herein referred to as “Usage Data”)
During the use of our Service and in relation to provide our quality services, we may collect the following personal data from you:
- First Name, Last Name and Function;
- Email Address.
While using the Service, Usage Data is automatically collected. Usage Data may include information such as:
- Your Device’s Internet Protocol Address (IP Address);
- Browser Type;
- Browser Version;
- The pages of our Service that you visit;
- The time and date of your visit;
- The time spent on those pages;
- Unique Devices Identifiers; and/ or
- Other Diagnostic Data.
If you access our Service by or through a mobile device, Usage Data in that case may include information such as:
- The type of mobile device;
- Mobile Device Unique ID;
- Your Mobile Device’s Internet Protocol Address (IP Address);
- The type of Mobile Internet Browser;
- Unique Devices Identifiers; and/ or
- Other Diagnostic Data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use Session Cookies for the purposes explained below:
- To provide you with the services: We use Session Cookies to provide you services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features.
- Prevention from fraudulent users: Session Cookies help to authenticate users and therefore, prevent fraudulent use of the Service.
- To memorise your online activities: Session cookies also memorise online activities. Since websites have no sense of memory, without these cookies, site browsing history would always be blank.
How we use the Data Collected
We may use the Data Collected in the following ways:
- For the maintenance of our Service: In order to monitor the usage of our Service and to maintain and provide our services or products, we may use your personal data with utmost care and due diligence to avoid all kinds of data breaches.
- To provide you with promotional materials: We may also use the Data Collected to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. If you opt not to receive any kind of promotional materials you may choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
- To address your complaints and requests: If you have any complaints or requests regarding the use of our services or products, we may use the Data Collected to address your complaints and requests in order to provide quality services and redress your grievances.
- To keep you informed: When you sign up for our newsletter, we also use your personal information to provide you with our newsletters and journals that contain information about our business.
How we disclose/ share the Data Collected
There are circumstances in which we may share the Data Collected. We use standard and reasonable encryption methods to ensure that your information is secure. We do not sell or publish your Data to any third party services. We only share or disclose your data in the following manners:
- With Service Providers: It is inevitable for us to provide our Service Providers in order to monitor and analyse the use of our Service. We also make sure that the data shared with these Service Providers is safe and no exploitation of the same has been committed by any of our Service Providers by applying the safe and secure encryption methods. In addition to this our Service Providers are also required to honour this Privacy Notice.
- With our Affiliates: We may also share your personal information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honour this Privacy Notice.
- With Business Partners: We may also share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products or services or promotions. If you choose not to receive promotional materials from us or any of our business partners you will not receive such materials and in that case we will not share your information or Data Collected with our business partners.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our business assets financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another business entity. In that case you will be required to read and understand the Privacy Notice of that particular business entity.
- Our Advertising Partners: We allow our advertising partners to use web beacons, cookies on our website to supply you with advertising.
- Law Enforcement: In certain circumstances we may also be required to share the Data Collected if required to do so by law. In addition to this we may also disclose the Data Collected in good belief and faith if such action is:
- Required to comply with a legal obligation;
- Compulsory to protect and Defend the lawful rights of the Service;
- Inevitable to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- Necessary to protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public;
- Unavoidable to protect against legal liability.
Our Advertising Partners
- Active Campaign
Your consent to this Privacy Notice represents your agreement for using your data by our Advertising Partners for retargeting and remarketing purposes. However, if you choose not to receive such services by our Advertising Partners you should not make use of these social media platforms.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under Data Protection Laws, you have rights including:
Right to Access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at the e-mail provided below if you wish to make a request.
Retention of Data Collected
We reserve the right to retain the Data Collected for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will also have the right to retain the Data Collected necessary to the extent for the purposes of compliance with legal obligations (if any), resolving legal disputes and enforcing our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain the Data we automatically collect for the internal analysis purposes normally for shorter periods. However, we reserve the right to retain the Data we automatically collect for longer periods in the following cases:
- when this data is used to strengthen the security;
- when this data is necessary to supply you with the advertisement most relevant to the choices you made on our website;
- when this data is utilised to improve the functionality of our Service; and/ or
- When we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data Collected
For the purposes of maintenance of our Service, we may also transfer your data to maintain it on the computers located outside of your state, province or country. The Data Protection laws may differ from your jurisdiction in such areas. Your Consent to this Privacy Notice followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer. We will take all the necessary and reasonable steps to ensure that the Data Collected is securely transferred by installing reasonable methods of encryption.
No transfer of the Data Collected will take place to an organisation or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Security of the Data Collected
The security of your personal data we collect from you is important to us. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data. Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect the Data Collected, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us.
Links to Other Websites
You may also find links to the other websites on our Service that are not operated by us. If you click one of those links you will be redirected to those websites. Please take note that we have no control or responsibility over the contents of those websites.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “Last updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact us:
- By Email: